Thursday, January 31, 2008

January Bag

Thanks to a couple of hours off work this afternoon for good behaviour (otherwise known as time of in lieu) I have managed to get my January bag finished just in time. I'm sure I've probably mentioned the challenge before but just in case the BQL yahoo group is running a monthly bag making challenge. Each month our generous Listmom, Kandy, will be creating a pattern for us to make. This one was a joy to make, so quick and lovely clear instructions made it easy. I will be gifting this bag to my Nan who gave me the charms that I used to piece the main fabric.

I had hoped to have this done yesterday but I managed to slice my finger on a tin while clearing up after dinner at MIL's last evening, not a big cut but deep. No chance of any stitching yesterday as I kept bleeding everywhere.... It's still pretty painful and right on my finger pad so I'm reduce to one finger typing :)

I now have the rest of the evening to try and get my TIF doll finished before the next theme is announced. I'm off to my Dad's for the weekend so I probably won't be posting the results until Monday, unless a miracle occurs and I'm done early enough today to squeeze in another post this evening.

3 comments:

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Well done getting the bag finished... I have had a peak at the Feb one and it looks great. Sharon has just put her challenge up - is a lovely one.
Have fun. Hope the finger heals quickly
BesTwishes
Maggie

Alis Clair said...

It's a lovely bag Angela. The colours are very pretty.

Unknown said...

I love all the bags that were made! How fun, and a nice break from postcards I bet!!! Melinda