Wednesday, January 09, 2008

More Inksplats

I managed to get the hand stitching finished on my other two Ink splat cards last night and machine stitched the edges this evening. I enjoyed messing around with cross stitch a lot yesterday afternoon so I carried on the theme on this card. By chance I had already machine stitched the swirls but this has turned out to be a 'Noughts and Crosses' card of sorts.
This second card is more abstract. I noticed that there was a big comet like swirl in the centre of the TimTex where the dye hadn't taken so well so I filled this with lots of machine stitching and then echoed the shape round the edge with a basic running stitch. I'm pleased with the way all three of these turned out and it was nice to make them all unique rather than do a set of all the same designs which I often do.
My walk of the day has also been this evening and in the dark so no picture to share from today. Instead I thought I'd stick on another taken of a church door on my meander around Cricklade yesterday.


7 comments:

Purple Missus said...

Love the second postcard - lots of movement. You've spurred me on to try and find time for a daily walk :)

Anonymous said...

Love these ink splat cards Angela, very clever!

Kate North said...

Like those a lot, Angela - especially the one with the comet shape in the centre.

Vi said...

Love the cards your making lately :-) And good on you with all that walking. Thanks for the lovely postcard you sent me.:-)

Sue Wild said...

I really like the inksplat cards from your last couple of posts. The colours are really cheerful and it seems as though you've had a lot of fun with them.

Stephanie Pettengell said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog, been checking out yours and will keep on doing so. Love your latest postcards, so vibrant. Cheers you up in this cold weather.

Dianne said...

The postcards are great!! Love the 2nd comet shaped one - the tail of the comet looks great.