Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Inksplats and more

I can't quite believe how quickly today had flown by. Isn't that always the way a day at work seems to last a week and a day at home just a minute. Never mind I managed to get a fair bit done which is great.

This morning I started work on those Ink splat cards. I've done the machine stitching on all three but I have some hand stitching that I want to add to each one so I've only managed to get one complete so far. I think the others will be done later tonight after a couple of hours stitching in front of the TV. Here is the one that is finished.
And a close up of some of the seed stitch. I found a beautiful variegated anchor thread that I had forgotten I had which stitched up beautifully.
I was so enamoured with this thread that I decided to take it to the GWE meeting this afternoon. We had lots of fun playing around with the simple cross stitch, a couple of hours of stitching and chatting later and I'm left with this small sample.
With a bit more stitching I can definitely see this one being turned into a postcard. It was a lot of fun experimenting with different sizes and regular and irregular stitches.
I decided to make the most of my trip to Cricklade for the meeting and arrived early so that I could take a walk through the high street. It's such a pretty town and there is lots of history to enjoy. Here is my picture of the day. I'm not a particularly religious person but there was something very forlorn about this broken cross grave maker in the churchyard.

4 comments:

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Sorry to have missed you at GWE today. Your work looks great. You must have a look at the famous North Meadow at Cricklade if you arrive early especially in the spring... the frittillaries are wonderful.
Best wishes
Maggie

Purple Missus said...

The colours in the top one are delicious. Lucky you for being able to go to a group such as your GWE, it must be great fun.

Jacqui said...

Love the little seed stitch postcard, looks like it could be 6ftx4ft equally as well as 6x4.

I have a strange fanasication with simple crosses I admit,even though I am not religious in the slightest, they always seem to radiate a power I cant understand.

I use to know Chippenham very well when I was in my early 20's, taking the train back to London at the end of term when I studied in Corsham. No doubt it has changed a lot since the late 70's

Unknown said...

Love the inkspot cards Angela looks like something up my street. You've inspired me to try and do one.

Luv Annette