Monday, January 28, 2008

TIF progress

This week I think I have been the queen of procrastination. So ok I had a busy week with a couple of late ones at work and a couple of days out but really I could have squeezed in a few more stitching hours if I'd really gotten my finger (or should I say needle?) out.

I only had two things on my to do list last week.
  • Progress on TIF challenge
  • Finish BQL January

Still I only managed one, which was to work on my TIF doll. I know this sounds odd but I think the fact that I only had 2 things on the list really didn't give me enough incentive to push and get things done. So I have decided from now on to have more things in the list than I think I can achieve that way I may just push myself into doing more than I had hoped. Does that make any sort of sense?

Anyway here is the progress I made on my TIF doll. Here is my doll form stuffed and stitched together. I'm not sure if I mentioned before that I am using a doll pattern from this book by Patti Culea. Apart from a couple of pin dolls I've not really attempted dolls before so I've started with the basic pattern. I'm not too happy with the way the arms are attached but it's ok for my first attempt.

You might remember that my initial inspiration was to use the colour palette to make a peacock inspired doll. I know that peacocks are more in the blue range than purple but they were the first thing I thought of when I saw the colours and I just couldn't shake the idea out of my head.

I'm bringing the greens in on her outfit. Sorry about the pictures I had to take them with flash so they don't really pick the colours out exactly. The top at the moment is just pinned and the skirt is not very well arranged in this pic, I just grabbed the poor thing and took a quick photo to share today. I still have a little way to go with her but hopefully she will get done.

January is drawing to a close so in typical 'me' fashion I will be trying to finish everything last minute as I now only have a couple of days to get my doll and my bag done. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

My To do list for this coming week....
  • Finish TIF January Challenge
  • Finish BQL bag
  • Start shaker postcards
  • Start Something Beginning with J postcards
  • Add another Kitty to the neglected cross stitch UFO.

Well that lot should keep me more than busy.

Just to finish here is a picture that I took on my walk yesterday. I've been pretty good and have managed to stick to my walk a day routine with the exception of a couple of days when I was ill, but as a lot of the walking is in the evening in the dark I haven't been able to post a picture everyday. Yesterday was almost spring like and there was even some blue sky to enjoy.

4 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Your doll is coming along great! Can't wait to see her progress.

Anonymous said...

Your doll has very shapely legs :) The picture of your walk reminds me why I like the British landscape over the Texas one.

Donna said...

while the peacock colours may not be working out the way you initially planned, the doll is looking very good... :-)

Dianne said...

A doll for TIF - what a great idea! Love her skirt.... What a great place to go for a walk - very peaceful loking.