Saturday, January 26, 2008

My Day in Pictures

DH and I both had the day off work yesterday, a long weekend pure bliss! We managed to pack loads in. First a trip to Bristol for some retail therapy. I picked up a few metres of scrim from the market and some new headphones to match the Ipod that dh bought me on my birthday last year, pretty funky huh?
Then off to the zoo, I know a lot of people are against the whole principle of keeping wild animals caged up but I think zoos in this country at least are now making huge efforts to make interesting and spacious enclosures and are doing a lot of work around conservation and breeding programmes. We've been to the zoo quite a few time and this visit was the most active I've seen the pygmy hippos, they were both swimming around in their pools and seemed very curious about their audience.
Oh no not another picture, purrlease!
Hmm of course I had to take advantage of the fact that it was a quite day and found time for a spot of silly buggers.

The evening was spent at the Bristol Academy watching a great show by the band Alter Bridge.
This is the first time I've ever taken my camera to a gig and the pictures are pretty grainy and shaking but atmospheric I think.

Unusually the gig started and finished early so we were home by 10:30, just enough time for me to start adding some shape to my TIF doll before falling into bed tired but happy.

1 comment:

Debbi Baker said...

So glad you dropped by my blog and left a comment as I was then able to visit yours! I really enjoyed ny visit (good luck with your TIF doll) but I had to tell you that I just LOVE all of your orange postcards - they are awesome!!