Friday, January 04, 2008

While I was Sleeping ...

I just want to thank everyone for their well wishes after my last post, I think all that healthy energy must be working as I'm feeling a lot better today, not back to my normal self but hey I've been out of bed for more than a couple of hours so that has got to be good right?

Well while I have been couped up in bed these last couple of days Sharon B has announced the first theme in her Take It Further Challenge, you can find all the details here.

I haven't had a lot of time to think about it yet but I think I will be going with the colour theme rather than the admiration theme. Here is the January Palette.
Not usually colours I work with as y'all know I'm a orange girl! However I do think these match my blog template quite well!
I don't know why but the first thing that sprung to mind when I saw these colours was a peacock. Now I know these are more pastel tones and a peacock is more what I would consider to be jewel tones but the challenge is to take it further , so I'm hoping this leap isn't too far a stretch of the imagination. Here are some pictures I borrowed from DH's blog.

I'm not sure where I will go with this idea yet, who knows what will happen, maybe something else will hit me like a bolt out of the blue and I will veer in a totally different direction, I guess this is all part of the fun in such a challenge.

2 comments:

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Good to hear you are feeling a lot better today. The Sharon B challenge needs some thinking about.... I am still in thinking mode too.

Best wishes
Maggie

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you're feeling better. I'm looking forward to seeing what ou do with this challenge.