Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Watch the Birdies

With the Tigger cushion coming together in super quick time I'm thinking that I might have time to fit in one more smaller project from Mum's collection before I tackle something a bit more challenging.

The vast majority of Mum's UFOs are Tigers, but there are a few exceptions and it's one of these that I am going to tackle next. Actually Paula asked on the last post how many Tiger's there are, sorry I can't reply direct Paula as your email address doesn't come across with your comments, but I'll answer here. There are 21 UFOs altogether 11 Tigers, 4 Winnie the Pooh kits which of course feature Tigger and 5 others, so yes there will be a lot of Tigers to come :)

Anyhow the next kit is called Parakeet's Date.

Here is how Mum left it.
I have a vague recollection that this one was meant for my Aunt (the one who just received the Owl wall hanging) but that before she had barely got going someone else had presented my Aunt with a similar picture so Mum decided not to carry on.

There are four more birds to add to this one so it should be a good one to sink my teeth into without being too huge a commitment. I'm not going to set myself an 'in the next week I want to add' type goal but I think I'll just post in a week's time with whatever progress I happen to have made.

Now I am feeling more inclined to stretch my creative wings I think the cross stitch production will slow down a little but I am going to set myself an informal goal of stitching on it for at least 20 mins a day just to keep it ticking over.

3 comments:

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

This has lovely delicate colouring,what hpi is this aida ? Looks quite fine. Good to see you stitching again.. best Wishes
Maggie

Donna said...

I think setting a time goal for working on these piees is very wise -- you will make forward progress, but hopefully they wont "push out" your other creative activities :-)

Anonymous said...

thats a lot of tigers!! the little budgie is cute.