Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Silent Vigil - The Finale

I can hardly believe that I'm saying this but the first of Mum's cross stitch UFOs is done already. Now I know she had already done most of the hard work but compared to the time it took to complete the kitty Cross stitch this one seems to have come together in a flash.
Just as a reminder this is how Mum had left it...
Of course I find myself wondering why she never finished even though she was so close to the end. I know that she found stitching on dark backgrounds more difficult even with her glasses, and I also figure that given the amount of unfinished she was easily distracted by a new challenge, lol. I'll guess I'll never know the reason but it's fun to speculate.
This is the finished piece.
I really like how it turned out. I think Mum's decision to use beads instead of french knots for the stars has really added something extra to it, and the cross stitch and beading combo made it more interesting for me to stitch too.
Sometime in the next couple of weeks I will look for a nice frame for it.
And of course now I have to pick another UFO from the pile. Hmmm so many to choose from decisions, decisions.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Wonderful job. Nice to have the piece of your mom's, wonderufl to have a UFO done, and a beautiful piece to boot... :-)

Vicki W said...

Congratulations!!! It's lovely!

Helen in the UK said...

Yeah - congrats on your finish!! It looks great and your must have a great sense of satisfaction in having it done :)