Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Playing with Silk

I didn't quite get the date with my sewing machine that I had hoped for at the weekend, but look there was something other than cross stitch happening at Catvillie this weekend.I spent a happy couple of hours playing with silk. I bought a lovely silk scrap bundle from the NEC earlier this yearLook at all these yummy colours, so I've been making some ATC background using these lovely stripsFor some reason this picture wouldn't load up the right way round which is why the perspective looks a bit odd, but you get the idea. Hope to have these finished in the next couple of days as they will go in Cute Potatoe's travel bag as she heads off across the ocean to the USA for the next leg of her world tour.

2 comments:

Jane said...

They are going to be bright and cheerful. Someone along the way is going to be very happy

Unknown said...

this is a beautiful background....I think silk is so fun to work with...I like how it unravels and gets all that great texture.....