Wow, I can't believe that we are at the end of another month already, where is the time flying too? Well this post will mark the end of the reds for the time being.
My first attempt at a coil pot is done, and I have to admit that it's not really the best.It started out ok. I managed to get the hand of the technique for covering the rope and stitching the coils together, but things went a bit downhill from there. The little pot in the book had straight sides whereas mine ended up coming out from the centre.Not sure what happened, maybe I was pulling the stitches too might or maybe I just didn't get the placement of the coil rows quite right. It's only a little pot - this was made using the hand stitched method in the book. It did come together quite quickly but I don't think I'd want to make anything too large with the hand stitch. There are machine versions later in the book so I may given that a go at some point.Anyhow it might not be the best little pot, but it's found a home in my bedroom. I have a lovely jewellery box that my sister bought me a few years back, but the recent fashion for chunky fashion rings means that those pieces won't fit in the ring draw so they all get to live in my little red pot now instead.
I have enjoyed the month of RED and am looking forward to seeing what the colour of March will be.