Thursday, February 24, 2011

New Palette Challenge

This last week I have been making a start on my new project for the current 3CreativeStudios Palette Challenge. This is the inspiration picture.Aren't the colours fabulous. I have decided to carry on my with doll making journey and will be using the challenge palettes over the next few months to work my way through this beautiful book. Starting with the simplest doll pattern in the book.So I raided my fabrics and pulled out a whole variety of stuff that I think matches the palette, and of course something to make the fleshy parts of the doll with.I will be making the body from these cotton fabrics that I pulled from my stash. I have also be raiding the non-cotton stash for possible pieces to make the dolls skirt from. The picture above shows what I came up with but I haven't really narrowed things down yet to what will actually get used, figured I'd try and get the doll form made first and play with ideas for decoration after.So I have made a start on putting my doll together, who will of course be called Iris. Even the basic doll is proving to be a challenge for me as the face is drawn and painted on, and as I mentioned in my last doll post drawing is not something I'm good at.So far I've attempted to sketch some features on to the face. It's looking as though Iris won't be having the most delicate features in the world, but I guess it may all change and look totally different once I've added the colour in. Watch this space I guess .......

3 comments:

Jane said...

After seeing your last one, I can't wait to see how this one turns out

coral-seas said...

I'm liking Iris's face. Maybe not delicate but kinda homely and down to earth.

Fab colour pallet, can't wait to see more of her.

Amanda said...

LOVE those colours. I've fancied doing some doll making buy always been put off because I've never been able to draw faces that look even half alright. I'll look forward to seeing how yours turns out.