Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dartmoor - Blue Skies and Rushing Water

Last weekend we went on a fabulous trip to Dartmoor. We drove down early on Saturday (it was one of the bargain hotel nights that I booked at the start of the year). We were blessed with lovely blue skies and sunshine when we arrived. This shot was taken from the very start of our walk. You can see my little car in the landscape, but what a beautiful spring like day look at all the green and blue and the fluffy white clouds, gorgeous. It wasn't long before we were out striding on the Moor proper, wow I can't describe how on top of the world I felt walking round this beautiful landscape. You wouldn't have been able to pry the smile of my face if you had the world's largest crowbar, lol.We got to cross fabulous picturesque streamsand listen to water cascading over collections of rugged rocks. What an amazing way to spend a day ..... and I have more to show you, but will leave that for another post.

4 comments:

Leah said...

Wow, such a beautiful place. I can see why it made you so happy.

Anita said...

Oh my, it's so wild and beautiful. Thanks for sharing your weekend holiday!

Emma said...

Ooh, lovely, just like home! Thanks for your visit & kind comments ;) I love using up all those scraps, as you saw. Your little pumpkin heads were a little scary but when I saw the whole thing I thought they were so sweet! Lucky boy.

Karen said...

it looks like a stunning place, I've never been.