Saturday, November 20, 2010

Ready to fly

The budgies pillow is finished, and in plenty of time too - you might remember that this is a christmas present for my Aunt, so I'm feeling pretty pleased. I love how the border turned out, it's amazing what you can make out of even those tiny scraps of fabric that you save. The back turned out really well too, made from an old shirt that I picked up at a local charity shop. I wasn't sure about the shirt at first, particularly as it had a pocket, but I figured I make a little feature of it, so now it houses my hand stitched label. If you've been visiting my blog for a while you might remember that the budgies was one of my Mum's cross stitch UFO's that I finished off. The label reads 'Handmade with love by Susan and Angela Hart, finished 2010' I hope my Mum would be pleased with how I finished off her project.

3 comments:

Jane said...

What a lovely idea of putting the label in the pocket. Your aunt will really love this. The time and effort to get it finished has been well worth it

Andrea said...

It is gorgeous. I'm sure your aunt will love it and may have to swallow a lump in her throat. Lovely xxx

Vicki W said...

I am sure your Mom is thrilled and your Aunt is going to be so happy to receive this. It looks great!