Saturday, November 06, 2010

At the machine

I'd forgotten how calming sitting at the machine chain piecing some simple squares can be. Things are coming along on the work for the border of the budgie cushion.But some things don't change and it would be going one heck of a lot quicker if Quilt Inspector Pip wasn't poking his nose in every 5 seconds :)Even with Inspector Pip's interference I've gotten a good few nine patches stitched up. These are going to be chopped about and stitched some more before the border is finally done though.

I'd forgotten how much fun it is working from the scrap box. It's a wonderful mix of pieces left over from past projects with all of the fond memories they hold and fabulous small treasured pieces gained from scrap swaps that I've done with some of the wonderful stitchy friends I've made online over the years.

After a long absence I can feel the obsession to keep stitching and starting new things slowly creeping back in to my bones again, and it feels good.

1 comment:

Jane said...

It doesn't take long to get the creative juices going again. Glad to hear you're having fun