Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Extreme Knitting

Knitting on the new hat that I was speaking about a few posts ago has finally begun. Just a few rows done but this one is going to knit up in no time so hopefully it won't be long before I have a finished article to show you.

In the meantime I thought I'd tell you about my extreme knitting experience. Last winter I lived in a pair of lovely wrist warmers that I'd knitted up. Unfortunately somewhere along the line, they got gathered up with a load of clothes to wash and I ended up felting them, doh! I knew that I needed to make another pair, so way back in June when I was on holiday in the Lakes the wrist warmers were one of the projects I took to work on.Here I am adding a few rows in the gusting winds at the end of a lovely day spent walking the fells alongside Wast Water. If you look closely you can see the conditions I had to contend with as my knitting is flying around in the breeze :)

3 comments:

coral-seas said...

Your title reminds me of a conversation had a work a while back. Several colleagues were discussing the extreme sports they enjoy. When asked if I took part in any extreme sports I replied

"I often do extreme embroidery"

Unknown said...

what a great place to do some extreme knitting!

KimP said...

That photo reminds me of my time in the Lake District - one of the most gorgeous places on earth! LOVE that you were knitting there!