Thursday, August 03, 2006

Finished Leaves

Yipee, I finished one of my in progresses today. The set of 6 leave postcards for the BQLPC swap. Here they all are.
I was going to add some embellishments after I had stitched down the leaves but actually after I had finished the stitching I decided that I liked them plain and simple. I thought that if I added anything it would be doing it for the sake of it rather than to enhance the effect of the card. I really liked working with these skeleton leaves, I've used them in the past in papercrafting but never on my fabric projects. I think I will be experimenting with them some more, so don't be surprised if they feature again here soon!
I am off camping this weekend, I plan to pack a few bits and pieces of hand sewing but whether I get anything done remains to be seen :)

1 comment:

Helen in the UK said...

These look really interesting - the leaves seem to 'shine' against the light background as if they are against a light souce. Can't get an enlargement to see clearly though :(