Friday, April 16, 2010

Local Walking - Commuting to Work

Before I took on the job role that I do now, I used to walk to work 4 or 5 times a week. My offices are about 3 miles away from my house so it used to take about an hour each way. Now I need my car I don't get to walk very often, but last week my car was off the road so I decided to make the most of it and walked to work in the sun. Of course my camera came with me.I didn't have too much time to stop and look for photo opportunities but here are a couple of shots I took along the way.
It made me realise how much I miss the freedom of being able to walk in if I choose. These days I only have one day out of five that I'm totally based in the office (and even on this one day I sometimes have to go out on emergency appointments).
Just also wanted to take the opportunity to respond here to an anonymous visitor who left a comment on my last Local Walking post, who asked whether I have to take the car to get to the local walking spots. The local stuff that I have posted so far has been a mix, some of the walks I can do right from my door step. The 2 that I have to drive to, Castle Combe and Cherhill are about 20 minutes in the car.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Interesting photos, I heard a debate this week about Eddie Cochrane, what a coincidence!