I had a fun few hours with the Great Western Embroiderers yesterday. Maggie spent some time showing us how embellisher machines work and I got my first try on one, what fun. This is what I started before I was wrestled off the machine by another member, a good thing too or else I could have stayed playing all day.
As far as my To Do List for yesterday goes I did pretty well.
I decided to use the cross stitched piece I made at the last GWE meeting to form the basis of my idea for this one and yesterday evening stitched two more pieces like the one I had already done to complete the swap. What is the J here you might be asking. Well J is for Just. Just handstitching was used to complete the top design for this card, just one stitch was used - cross stitch and just one thread Anchor Perle 1375.
- Finish the new kitty on the cross stitch - A tick in this box too.First I thought it would be fun to have a quick reminder of what this looked like when I rescued it from the UFO pile in December.As of yesterday evening this is what the overall now looks like, what a difference.And of course a close up of the new arrival.
- Pick new fabrics for the BQL challenge bag
- Tea dye some scrim - I did a little of this last night but it hasn't come out quite as I hoped so will try some more today and see what results I get.
As for today well I was planning a trip to Bath, I still have some credit to spent in the LQS but it's misty and murky out there this morning and I'm feeling lazy so will stay in today. My goals are;
- More Tea Dyeing
- Start making up the Feb bag
- Start work on 'Time' postcards
- Paint some pieces of TimTex
Maybe the fog will clear later and I can get out for a walk but if not I will cheer myself up by sharing a reminder from the sunny walk that I enjoyed on Monday.