As hoped I did managed to get in some stitching time over the weekend. I've been working on a tonne of different things though, flitting from one thing to another and not managing to actually get anything completed, lol. But here is a little progress report on Red and White.
To try and combat the usual problems I encounter when quilting with puckers appearing on the back I decided I would take my time in the basting process this time. I laid everything out carefully and as tautly as possible. I turned my back for a couple of seconds and look what happened .........little paw depressions all across my nicely laid out fabric. Thankfully not dirty paw marks or someone would have really been in trouble!!With a little help from my kitty friends (or should that read in spite of my kitty friends) I did manage to get the layers together and under the machine. I have had my sewing machine for coming up to 5 years now and I have never used the walking foot that came with it.I'm hoping that this will also help with some of the puckering issues. Only time will tell, but the first quilting lines are in and all is well so far.