Monday, January 10, 2011

A day at the Beach

I have a day off work today but things aren't quite going as planned and I'm feeling pretty grumpy. So in an attempt to chase away the blues thought I'd share yesterday's happy memories of a walk by the sea.Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful blue skies and sunshine day so what better place to spend it than at the beach.Although Weston-Super-Mare is less than an hour away I haven't been there in ages, and certainly not since the pier has been rebuilt (it got burnt down in a fire a couple of years ago).I have to say that I really like the nice new clean bright white building, may be it was just the fact that the lovely blue skies and sunshine made it all bright and shiney, lol.The amusement arcade is now a two floor affair and you can get out onto the balcony on the second floor and look back along the covered walk way that has been constructed down the middle of the pier, perfect for sheltering from those sea breezes.Of course we couldn't resist playing a silly game or two while we were there. I won this one :)
I really quite liked this simple shot of railings and shadows in the bright sunshine.and I love this shot of Dave standing on the beach by the pier enjoying the sunshine.Lots of lovely blue and white in these shots. We were so lucky to have a beautiful day like this is January. After all the walking and energy exerted hitting sharks on the head, the only thing left to do was eat a lovely fish and chip lunch.Very naughty but very nice.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

It was a lovely day yesterday wasn't it, quite unlike today. We're planning a visit to WSM soon to visit the new pier, it looks great fun.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I thought you were having gray skies, and here is all that beautiful sunshine and blue sky! What a wonderful day it looks like.

Sarah said...

What a beautiful day. Its days full of sunshine like that, that make the rest of the dreary week worth it!