Sunday, January 16, 2011

Doodle Stitch A Long Week one

I finished my little gnomey stitch a long project :)It's been a while since I've done any embroidery other than cross stitch, so my stitching is probably not as neat as it could have been but hey I still like how he turned out.This week has been full of grey and rain days, I love the rain so actually I don't mind, but it does make photographing anything quite difficult so the pictures are a bit fuzzier than I would have liked but never mind.I added a circle, cut from a scrap of felt, to the back to hide all the stitching on the reverse, and attached this with a line of running stitch in the same green thread that I used for some of the actually detail on the design.I think he's so cute, and he's my first completed project of 2011 :) Am looking forward to starting on week twos design soon :)

5 comments:

Jane said...

What pretty coasters, they are going to be a lovely set

Quilting By Celia said...

So cute..

Amanda said...

That's so dinky. We're having the same weather here too, grey, wet. dull, windy and chilly. Hopeless for taking photographs, but great for staying inside in the warm and stitching.

Emmy said...

so lovely

Anita said...

Too cute! I like how you finished the back.