Wednesday, July 07, 2010

The Secret Revealed

So I'm really wanting to get on and share some pictures from my holiday with you, but one of the downsides of this digital age is that hundreds of photos get taken so it takes a while to find the time to sort through them :)

In the meantime just to keep the blog ticking over something creative. A few months back I mentioned that I was stitching a secret project, a present for a lovely blogging friend of mine in Australia. Well the present has now been received so I know I'm safe to share my pictures without spoiling the surprise.
I made a string of colourful crows using some pieces of felt and lots of odds and ends from the scrap basket. They're based on a project by Kelli Perkins which featured in either Quilting Arts or Cloth Paper Scissors a while back (I'll try and get proper reference when I get home). They were so much fun to make.
They all emerged with their own little characters.
There was nothing really planned about their making, it was just a case of reach in to the scrap basket and make use of whatever was pulled out.
It really is a lot of fun creating in this way, just trying to make use of bits and pieces that come to hand.
I think they make a cute little decoration all strung together hanging on the wall.
I have an Aunt who loves owls who has a birthday coming up at the end of the month, so I might try and adapt the idea and make some hanging owls, we'll see what time allows.

4 comments:

coral-seas said...

They are absolutely delightful and I agree with you that they look great strung together.

Vicki W said...

First, I absolutely LOVE crows and this is the coolest murder of crows ever!

Vi said...

They are SO great!! They are hanging proudly in my Lounge Room Angela. :-) Thanks again.

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Thanks for your visit and for commenting. Just been looking through your blog. Your tiger project is enormous and you deserve a break after all that work! But these are gorgeous. Having just read Vi's comment, I can see they were well received. A beautiful present!
Janice.