Thursday, July 15, 2010

Evening Light At Loughrigg Tarn

In spite of best intentions I haven't posted much here since getting back from holiday. Things have been crazy at home and at work I've hardly had time to think, let alone blog. I've been dying to show you some of the lovely scenery that I was lucky enough to see in the Lakes so am giving myself 5 minutes to sit and blog.
As I only have 5 minutes I thought I'd tell you about a lovely evening spent watching the sun go down over Loughrigg Tarn. (When I get more time I'll hopefully have some pictures to share of a walk we did to the top of the fell you can see in the above snap). The tarn was 5 minutes walk away from where we stayed so perfect for an evening wander.
There was a small campsite almost on top of the Tarn but it seemed pretty quiet with only a few tents pitched so we had the place pretty much to ourselves.
It was so tranquil and beautiful.
A wonderful place to sit and watch the changing, fading evening light.
Here I am with a glass of red, relaxing and enjoying the peace and beauty of the outdoors.

No comments: