I've been seeing Biscornu everywhere recently so I decided to have a go at making one using a beautiful pattern from Barbara Ana designs available here I changed the colouring slightly as I didn't have any fabric in quite as dark a colour as shown on the original pattern so I picked a couple of colours that I thought would stand out a bit more against my cream background fabric.
I love the pattern and I love how the finished piece turned out.
I used a piece of hand dyed muslin on the back and a couple of old buttons that I had hanging around in my embellishment box to finish it off.
I really enjoyed stitching it and for a first attempt the making up of it didn't go too badly, room for improvement though.
I may have been bitten by the biscornu bug, so I'm sure there might be some more in my future. At the very least I think I'll be making one as a present for myself.