Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Time for the blues

I haven't had a huge amount of luck on the thrifting front in the last few weeks. I'm mainly on the lookout for frames to fit some of my recent embroideries, but I also need a couple of bits for around the flat. I did last week however come across a couple of really cute little finds.

I'm sure you might have picked up from various posts here that I love having candles burning in my home.  I have a whole array of tea light holders in my living room and bedroom, but there is always room for one more.
It was love at first sight when I saw this beautiful little pottery tea light holder, and in the perfect shade of blue to match my bedroom walls (when I redecorate the room I'm keeping the same wall colour).  For the grand sum of £1 it just had to come home with me.
I've added it to my little corner of blue on one of the window ledges.  Here it sits with a thrifted beaded frame that I picked up at the end of last year, my oil burner, a lovely thrifted blue and white delft money box and a couple of beautiful glass dishes handmade from recycled bottles by my friend's Mum - a gift for some house sitting I did while they were away.  I'm no interior designer but I think this little collection of trinkets look lovely together and make me smile every time I wander in to my bedroom.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Oh, I love this, especially the stand