Thursday, September 19, 2013

Decorating chaos

I know I keep saying it lately but wow time really does fly. I can't believe it's been 7 months since I bought my flat and moved in. I can't say its been an easy 7 months though it has been a lot of fun. Financially I'm really stretched and it's taking me ages to make my home the place I really want it to be. But I don't mind living on a budget it's actually fun if you make it so. And I'm not deprived in anyway. I still do nice things and go nice places I just have to accept that I can't do it as often as I'd like and to do one nice things means sacrificing something else ....... if only I'd taught myself this lesson many moons ago I'd be in a much better position financially right now, sigh.

Get back on topic Angela, you've wandered off on a tangent.  The point of this post is to chat a bit about the transformation of my living.  Yes it's taken a while but I love being in this space in my home.

Here it is on the day i picked up my keys.  Whilst it was decorated neatly and by no means offensively it wasn't really what I wanted.
So with a little help from my brother, his fiancee Sam and my wonderful James the transformation began.
It pretty much looks like this now .... except the bookcase is full of books ;)
Apart from the TV all the furniture is thrifted or second hand.  Somehow this picture doesn't make it look as cosy as it really is (maybe that's the absence of books?)  But I love hanging out in this space, good film on TV some sort of craft project in hand. 

I'm looking forward to working on my bedroom next, I have lots of plans just need to start saving the money to get it all done :)

1 comment:

WendyCarole said...

Love the wallpaper. I am sure it wont take long to fill that bookcase.