Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sunflowers

Have I ever confessed here how much I love sunflowers?

Sadly I'm no gardener and don't really have a clue about most floral varieties but I do know that I love tulips, poppies and most of all sunflowers. Sunflowers make me smile. Imagine the size of my grin when we stumbled across a whole field full on our travels the other day.
It was one of those sunny/cloudy days which created bands of different golds across the field depending on the movement of the clouds.
And of course there were sunflowers in all the different stages... about to unfurl Reaching for the light ....... And in full bloom
There was plenty of opportunity for some close upsAnd the flowers themselves were home to plenty of insects But my favourite of the lot was Sunflower Sally, with her wilted petal fringe (bangs) and her bonnet of green.

No comments: