HAPPY NEW YEAR!
My first post of 2007. Wow can't believe it's 2007 already, it doesn't seem that long ago since we were celebrating the millennium. We had a quiet celebration here, Mark hasn't been feeling too well the last couple of days. We made it through to midnight though and watched some of the fireworks going off round our estate from the safety of the bedroom window.
Of course I have made all of the usual resolutions but as far as craft goes here are my 2007 resolutions
1. Learn more - I'd like to take some classes and/or teach myself some new things from all the books and magazines that I've collected over the past year.
2. Finish up my UFO's I have a couple of quilts, some cushions, dolls and pin cushions all half finished.
3. Not to create any more UFOs to add to the above list!
4. Make a start on working on some of my Mum's UFO's. Sadly when she passed away she left lots of unfinished cross stitch designs that she had been working on. I think it will take me years to finish them all but I plan on making a start. I hope to sell them when they are complete and donate the proceeds to charity.
5. Keep on top of all my swap commitments. I got so far behind last year I didn't think I'd ever see the end but I'm almost caught up and I plan to stay that way!
6. Not to be so precious! I have lots of things in my craft stash that I just don't seem to be able to use, that lovely piece of fabric, or that fabulous embroidery thread. This year I want to start making use of them after all that is what they are meant for right!
7. Sell some stuff. I'm not altogether confident about this one as I'm not sure I have anything good enough to sell but it would be nice to get a few things sold to help feed this craft addiction that I have, lol!