Monday, January 01, 2007

First finished project for 2007

I guess strictly speaking this was a collaboration of 2006 and 2007. Here is one of the postcards I made for a swap on Arts, called Scrappy Houses. This swap was due back in November and the only one I had left to catch up with on the group, so now it's done I'm happy dancing!

I had these started a while back and sat down hoping to get them finished yesterday. I had fun stitching down all of the little pieces but one they were at the point that I thought they would be finished I decided I wasn't totally happy with them.

I decide to add some little fench knot flowers in the garden and to thatch the cottage roof. Finishing the roofs took an age, but I found some thread in my stash bought in a bargain bundle off ebay that was just perfect for me to long stitch the roofs. I'm really pleased with the way they turned out.

No comments: