Sunday, January 21, 2007

Free Motion Embroidery

Over at Artsnthemail I have decided to inflict my desire to learn new things this year on the other members of the group by running a monthly challenge. Actually we had our first challenge back in December but that was theme based rather than technique based and some lovely face cards were produced for that one!

Ok so this months challenge is to create a card using free motion machine embroidery. Only three of us have signed up so far so I guess not everyone is as keen to experiment as I am, lol!Having recently refound my passion for kitties I decided to go with a sleeping cat. You can't really see all the stitching detail properly from this scan but I think it turned out pretty good. Very time comsuming but I think the effects you can get from varying the direction you stitch in is well worth it and no doubt the more you do it the faster you would get.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely done! You can also get some great results if you use a variegated thread.

Helen in the UK said...

I'm still hoping to do this challenge, but won't sign up unti the card is made (in case time gets the better of me!) Like you kitty :)

Micki said...

Your did a great job. As Sue said, using a variegated thread will give some wonderful results.

Terri Stegmiller said...

How Cute! Great job too!