Sunday, January 14, 2007

Take a Stitch Tuesday - Buttonhole

This is my woeful attempt at playing with the buttonhole or blanket stitch that is this weeks challenge on TAST. So far it is not going well. I have used this stitch quite a lot as a way to secure fused pieces in applique projects and it really is one of my favourite stitches but somehow I just couldn't get going with it yesterday.

I do have a larger block planned in my head which is the piece that I really want to create for this stitch, but I want to bead and finish last weeks mermaid before I start and so I thought I would do a small 6 x 4 sampler just to show that I have done something and with the hope that I could turn it into a postcard for an open theme swap that I have coming up at the end of the month.

So far I am not inspired. The only thing I like about this is the curve going through the middle. I couldn't get the circles right at all. I'm not sure if it is lack of care on my part or just that I am full of cold and had been working on other projects through the day and was just plain tired when I picked this up. I'm only sharing it just to prove that I have done something. I might spend another half hour on ot today adding some more bits as there are too many 'blue' spaces still and if I'm still not happy then I will go in the recycle pile and hopefully I will find something to do with it!

No comments: