Saturday, January 20, 2007

Catching Up

I'm feeling so much better today than I have been all week. Fingers crossed I'm finally beating off the cold that I have had. I'm starting to feel the panic set in now though as I feel like I'm a week behind as I haven't felt like creating in the evenings after work this week. I have a list of things that I need/want to do that is (no joke) as long as my arm! I guess there is nothing else for it I'm going to have to just limit my time on the PC this weekend and get stuck in!

On another note I had some exciting news yesterday. My sister got engaged! After all the troubles she has had in the last 18 months I'm just so happy for her. She has asked me to be a bridesmaid which of course I want to do for her but I know as I am at the moment I will look hideous in a (no doubt pink as that is Em's favourite colour) dress. The serious dieting starts here!

I don't often post without adding a picture so before signing off here is something I have been wanting to share for a while.These are some wonderful coasters made my my Nan from plastic canvas. My Nan was always a great knitter and seamstress but when she had a stroke and lost the use of her right arm she couldn't carry on with those arts. She was able to do some stitching over canvas for a while as the wools are nice and thick and the canvas sturdy. When she passed away a few months ago my aunt gave me a bag of stuff and these were in there. I just love all the bright colours. I have about 8 altogether and hope to figure out a way of using them eventually but for now I have an idea to use them as inspiration for another project. Here is a close up so you can see what I mean about the wonderful colours.
I will be back later as Vi has tagged me to name some weird things about myself. I just need some time to figure out how to narrow the list down to six, lol!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the colors in these. You are fortunate to have them.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better!

Joanna said...

Those are great coasters! I'm looking forward to doing my texture challenge with you! I've been putting some goodies together.

Dy said...

Your coasters are really lovely.