Tuesday, September 26, 2006


I have had this postcard swap hanging over my head for a while. Don't get me wrong it hasn't been a chore I just couldn't make a decision on the design.

I finally just had to go with something as the swap was due at the end of July and, Julie, my swap partner has thus far been very patient with me.

The swap was for the advanced group and called partners choice. In the end only Julie and I signed up. She wanted her card to be 'funky, wonky mushrooms, using blue, green and purple' So finally here is my finished card a field of purple mushrooms.

This is definately the longest I have spent making any one single card. It took ages to cut and sew all of the tiny stems and heads for the mushrooms. I've also added some free stitching round the bottom of each stem for some grass but this doesn't really show up too clearly in the scan.

I hope she likes the card. Julie does some great work, here is an example, a wonderful mini artwork that I recently bought on her Etsy shop. A small pieced blackbird 2.5" x 3.5" with lovely stitching detail. Some of the fabric pieces are so tiny they have to be seen to be believed. Check out Julie's shop here


1 comment:

Helen in the UK said...

Love the fabrics you chose, loads of tiny pieces! Great card, I'm sure Julie will think it is worth the wait :)