Thursday, May 27, 2010

Birmingham By Day

Back a few weeks ago I posted about I trip I took to Birmingham. I shared my trip to the stitch show at the NEC and a whistle stop tour round Birmingham at night. Here are a few snaps from Birmingham by day.



Here is that Iconic Bullring building in the day light along with a shot of the lovely fountain that stands nearby. I just love all the square shapes.
The Bullring was hosting a CSI exhibition when I visited. I'm a huge fan of the show so I couldn't resist going in and trying my hand at solving a crime.
You got to choose from several scenarios, and I opted to try and solve the mystery of the body in the desert.
If I'm honest it wasn't very taxing and the crime was pretty easily solved, but I had fun none the less wandering round the exhibit hunting for clues and getting lab results :) I went to Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery to see some items from the Staffordshire Hoard on display, which was fabulous, but no pictures allowed of that exhibition. There is plenty for the textile enthusiast to see though, including some fabulous cross stitch designs from China (not easy to take pictures of though).
Also from around the museum I loved this very serene looking Buddha
And was blown away by some of the fabulous ceramic works of Philip Eglin. My favourite was this 'Seated Nude'
Before I left Birmingham there was just time for a bit of shopping round and about the famous bullring markets.

No comments: