Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Some stitching at last

After a bit of a lull, I've finally got round to some stitching again. I really need to try and organise my time a bit better so I have more time to do everything! Anyway I've been working on the next block for my sheep sampler.
Needle felting by hand is a great way to take out some frustration without inflicting damage :)
After punching the fibres I was left with this big fluffy cloud. Add to that a couple of pieces of black felt and a few stitches and voila, a sheep is born.
I've attached him to a piece of cotton fabric that I microwave dyed a little while back. Haven't decided whether he'll stay on this fabric yet, and I'm also thinking about maybe adding some stitch to the background fabric as it's quite plain looking at the moment, but I think I'll wait until I'm ready to join all of my sheep together first to see what I think will look best.

4 comments:

coral-seas said...

I can't decide if this sheep is smiling at me, or looking a little manic! Either way, she is delightful.

I once helped a poor helpless sheep in peril. After rescueing it, it stood between me and the car, staring very hard at me. Suddenly, the poor helpless sheep looked very big and menacing, eek!

Ginnie said...

Needle felting looks fun and such a cute sheep !!

Doreen G said...

I love the cheeky grin on the sheeps face--as though it is saying "I've got a secret"

Jane said...

He's gorgeous