Sunday, October 12, 2008

Back from the Lakes

I'm back from a wonderful week in the lake district, had such a wonderful (and mostly relaxing time). This has been my home for the last week. and very comfortable it was too. We stayed at this campsite next to the lovely Brotherswater. Here we are happily squinting into the sun!This was taken just after Mark finished a mighty trek up Scafell Pike the tallest peak in England, I have to confess I stayed at the bottom this would have been way beyond me but I had a great time stitching in the sun instead!

We had all extremes of weather mostly dry and fine but on the day we arrived and the day we left there was heavy rain all day. Look at the difference between this beautiful blue sky on Sunday over Tarn Hows and our poor flooded campsite when we left at the end of the weekIf you can make out that tent in the background I met the poor campers in that one and they had to evacuate at 2am when the tent flooded. Luckily we were pitched on some higher ground.

I have plenty more things to share about the trip but for now I have a mound of washing and catch up housework to get stuck into :( If you are interested in our trip I think Mark is going to put a day by day account on his blog highlighting all the ups and downs in technicolour glory.

4 comments:

Jane said...

All in all you had a fantastic week weatherwise. Feel so sorry for those that got caught out with, nothing worse in the middle of the night. Welcome home

Ginnie said...

Glad you had a fab week. I love the Lakes we went in May and had pretty good weather considering it rains a lot there!!

Threadspider said...

Welcome back. I was thinking about you and keeping my fingers crossed....

Anonymous said...

welcome back - oh how i hate camping in the rain. Im glad you had a good sunny (mostly) trip. I would have sat at the bottom of the mountain and stitched with you, i think.