Thursday, December 27, 2007

What happened to the last two years?

Today it's been two years since we said goodbye to Mum. I still miss her so much and I can't believe how time has flown since that last day. This us all on our last family holiday in 2004, I'm so grateful that we had this time.
Back to work today and a trip to the movies to see I Am Legend (overall a disappointing movie the start promised a lot but the ending was a total let down). I still managed to squeeze in a walk and some creating, both in my lunch break.

I took a walk round the block from the office where I work, there isn't too much to see but I loved these adorable flowers poking from one of the hedgerows. My knowledge of British wildlife really is appalling though so I have no idea what they are, I really need to do something about that. On the creative front I worked some more on the sock knitting that I started a while back. I don't think I've actually posted a photo of this at all yet. I certainly didn't do all of this today for anyone who might think I've suddenly turned into a super knitter! I only managed to add a few rows but still it was something. I'm not sure how far I'm going to get with this, so far I'm doing all the easy stuff but in another few rows and I have to start the heel shaping. I'm a virgin sock knitter and I'm not really sure that I understand what I have to do from the pattern but I'll just bumble along and see what happens, watch this space as they say.....

2 comments:

Donna said...

If you follow the directions, step by step turning a heel need not frighten you off... It really doesn't make a lot of sense when you read through it, but it will work :-)

Sue Krekorian said...

Your mystery plant looks like a Viburnum to me, Angela.

Best wishes for the New Year,
Love, and hugs.