Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Burning Practise

It's been another busy week here at Angelcat manor. MIL should be coming out of hospital today, even though we will have to continue to visit every day to cook her meals I should get a bit more free time without all the toing and froing from hospital so hopefully we will settle into a routine again soon.

In the meantime I have a day off work today and have decided to spend it catching up with blog reading and of course hitting the sewing machine. This morning I have been burning as a practise for the bag piece that I made the other week.

As I think I mentioned before I decide to make a basic grid for my practise piece, here it is before I cut it up. As I still owe plenty of postcards in various swaps I decided to cut this down for postcards. Here is one of the cards in progress after I had burned some voids in the grid. Here I'm attaching the background fabric.
And this is how one of the finished cards look. They are all slightly different and I didn't burn the voids in any particular order or pattern, just whatever I felt looked ok as I worked on each piece. I now have a whole pile of little sparkles left over, they are tiny pieces, the cut outs from the voids. I have no idea if I will ever be able to use them for anything, but they look too pretty to throw away! So here we are it's only midday and I've already managed to complete a set of postcards and spent several hours catching up on internet stuff, who know what I will have achieve by the end of the day. On the list of things I hope to do is finish at least one more set of postcards, start making a few christmas cards and finish a knitted scarf that I have in progress. Ok so maybe all of that is a bit ambitious but it will keep me busy for the day :)

2 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Well that's using your head...practicing and making swap items all at the same time. These look like fun...and you never know, you may find a use for those little pieces one day.

Helen in the UK said...

Your bag picture looks wonderful. I can totally understand why you wanted to do a practice piece before commiting to the real thing. Clever girl to get a set of PCs out of the practice :)