Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Stitching progress and another walk

This has to be a first in blogland for me, two posts in one day. Over all this is my 334th post though which I think is pretty good going for a techno- idiot like me.

My excuse for this second post is to show you days progress for my create everyday challenge seeing as the stuff I posted early was actually from yesterday. I've been sticking to the cross stitch again today, mainly because it's been easy to pick up between housework, walking and reading.
Here is the overall shot, I finished stitching and outlining the grey cat at the bottom, though this was mostly already complete I still had a bit of filling to do. I've also made a good start on the next kitty sat on top of the T. To be honest I'm not sure how many hours I have spent stitching today as it's been in fits and starts rather than a solid block. I think probably too much time though :) maybe around about 5 hours.
Here is a close up of the newest completed kitty. The good thing about this chart is that there is so much to stitch it's great fun choosing what is going to be next. I got DH to choose the next after finishing this guy and he went for the big fat cat at the top. I'm having lots of fun with him and as there are larger blocks of colour he is stitching up quick.

The cross stitch will be going away for a couple of days now, tomorrow I'm back to work and hopefully there will be a trip to the movies in the evening. That means I will be trying to squeeze in my walk for the day and some creating in my lunch break.

Just in case I don't manage to get everything in tomorrow it we went for another walk this evening and were out for just over an hour, we caught a pretty sunset.
Not long after I took this the sky went a lovely pinky colour but none of my snaps of that really did the colours justice so this is the only shot I have kept.

1 comment:

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Belated Merry Christmas Angela. Love the cross stitch you are doing.... will watch it grow with interest. Your New Years resolutions are excellent... I may try and borrow them for myself. Really achievable.

Have a good New Year
Best wishes
Maggie