I have been desperately trying to catch up with my postcard swaps over the last week or so and I'm almost there thanks to a frenzy over the last couple of days. I've made 4 sets of postcards burning the midnight oil!
Here is a picture of one of the cards I made for a fun challenge on Artsnthemail. I borrowed this swap idea from Julie's advanced group with her permission of course. You had to construct a card using 5 beads, 4 fabrics, 3 different threads, 2 sequins and 1 button. It took me ages to try and come up with something but in the end I went for this quirky landscape.
Another fun swap on arts has been the 'cookie bake' swap. Basically the idea was to write or print a receipe onto fabric and then embellish around it. All the other cards I received in this swap were neatly printed onto fabric, but my printer is on the blink at the minute so I had to go with handwritten. I embellished with lots of chocolate and cherry french knots. Perhaps not the most artistic of cards but this was meant to be a fun and simple swap rather than an artistic interpretation and I enjoyed making them and have some scrummy recipes to try now too!
These are the last set that I have worked on. The swap was on canceledart. Unfortunately the group is closed at the moment and I'm ashamed to say that my cards for this swap are a couple of months rather than a couple of weeks late. Still no matter how late I always follow through! The theme for the swap was 'Line'. I have been really struggling with what to do which is why I put them off for so long. I must have had some idea when I signed up as I never sign up unless I have something in mind, but by the time it came to trying to make them I couldn't for the life of me think of how to do them.
I was dyeing some fabric for the back of my 'Cherish' cards when it struck me that I could use this same hand dyed fabric and use simple lines to change the feel and look of the fabric. I tried to place the lines on each piece in such a way as to hide larger areas with little colour or to emphasise the patterns that were created in the dyeing process. Again these probably aren't the best cards I'll ever make but it was a fun exercise. I wish I had taken a picture of the whole batch rather than just one as they all came out so differently.