Saturday, December 16, 2006

Faces Challenge

I had great plans to get crafting every evening this week but before I knew it the weekend had crept up on me and I hadn't managed to accomplish anything. I decided to make up for my lack of crafting today though with yes, you guessed it more postcards, lol!


We're having a challenge over on Arts to make a postcard any style or technique you like as long as the card features a face. Some wonderful cards have been made. I decided to make mine along the same lines as the 'Cherish' cards that I made recently. I used the same fabrics and stamp and decorated the background with lots of hearts created using one of the fancy stitches on my machine. The text is spelt out in alphabet beads. I have been looking for some of these beads for a while but most of the ones I came across in the local stores were square and I wanted these round ones. I found these in a local supermarket of all places, it never ceases to amaze me where you can pick up unexpected craft supplies these days!

2 comments:

Vi said...

Wow Angela..Beautiful!! I love how you used the hearts to frame the picture..so effective. :-)

Helen in the UK said...

Love this card. Glad you got a chance to take part in the faces theme :)