Thursday, April 13, 2006

Things with wings postcard

I recently joined a group called mixed media postcards. The home page says that cards can be made from anything that will go through the post. I signed up for a swap called Things with wings and in the end only one other person joined with me.

I decided to do something different and made a postcard without using fabric. I took some butterfly tissue paper ripped it up and stuck it randomly onto a card backing, creasing it up a bit as I went. I found some dragonfly brads in my papercrafting stash so added them. Finally I found some butterfly eyelets and used these to attach a piece of funky sparkling fibre. I made the card back from another piece of card and glued it to the front. I'm not sure whether I'm too keen on the fibre but apart from that I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out

No comments: