Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Nudes

This is my second foray into the world of mixed media postcards, well I guess strictly speaking this is my third swap with the mixed media group but for the first one I stuck to what I knew and made a fabric card. What I'm trying to say is this my second attempt at a postcard made from media other than fabric.

The theme is nudes and such a shame only myself and two others were game enough to sign up. For this card I used water colour paper onto which I brushed normal stamping ink in 2 different blues, lilac and pink. I used a damp cloth to merge all of the colours together. I then stamped my nude images using a couple of stamps that I bought on Ebay from Australia. Then I added various words to the background and again wiped a damp cloth over the whole thing to blur the edges a bit.

I think it came out ok in the end but I still think that maybe there is something missing. I did try adding a few embellishments to my sample card but nothing looked right so I just decided to leave it plain. They are in the post so I guess I'll just have to wait and see what reaction I get when they arrive at their destination.

No comments: