Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Thrifting

Have picked up a couple of odds and sods on my trips to the thrift stores these last few weeks.

I don't often buy second hand clothes, or really just clothes full stop.  Of course I love hand made accessories but I'm about as far from a fashionista as you can get.

On my to do list for a while has been to make myself a poncho. The other day I spotted one in a charity shop, and it was a really good Per Uno one from M&S for only £3. Knowing that this would have cost tens of pounds new, that my to do list at the moment is a million miles long, and that I'd never be able to buy the yarn to make myself one for that price it just had to come home with me.  Needless to say this has become my new favourite garment now it's getting is chilly and I've been wearing it ever since.
I also picked up a few knitting magazines for 10p each.  Although in the past I've bought many crafting magazines never really any knitting ones.  These are all issues from early 2013 and have some lovely patterns in.  I've really enjoyed flicking through the Yarnwise ones, Knit hasn't really grabbed me as much but there is at least one throw pattern in those magazines that I'd like to try and for 10p you can't really complain :)
I also picked up this book .... not strictly thrifting but at the bargain price of £1.99 it had to be done and the cover photo made me smile.
Have you made any interesting/exciting purchases recently?

1 comment:

Jane said...

That was a good price for those magazines. Haven't been for a while but have plans to go at the end of the week with No2 son