Thursday, August 01, 2013

Thimbles and baskets

Ok a bit of a strange blog title I know but I want to tell you about a couple of my recent thrifting finds.

Over the years on my travels I've picked up a few souvenir thimbles.  Now don't get me wrong I don't go crazy, I haven't got a thimble from every place I've travelled.  I just pick them up every now and then if I see one that I like or if I've had a particularly nice trip or day out and want a little reminder.
Until now they've just been shoved on a shelf and not really displayed but the other week I came across this cute little thing at a local charity shop for the princely sum of £1.50
After a bit of a paint job it now fits nicely with the colour scheme in my living room and you can see it tucked away on my dresser waiting to be filled in time with mementos from travel adventures yet to come.

I also managed to pick up these really cute baskets for 50p each, perfect for keeping the latest hooky project from spilling over every surface in the living room.
Anyone that knows me well knows that I'm a naturally messy person, no matter how hard I try to keep organised I always end up in a clutter ..... and actually I think I feel more comfortable that way.  But I'm loving these little baskets and at the end of the evening when I'm finished working on my project everything gets gathered up and shoved in the baskets.  They're also perfectly portable, so easy to grab on the way out of the door for afternoons spent in the park or weekends spent at James' chilling out in front of the TV.

Got to love thrifting. For less than the price of your average prepacked sandwich I've scored myself a lovely little display case and the perfect thing for a bit of mobile hooking which in turn equals many hours of smiles .... priceless.

2 comments:

Jane said...

What lovely finds, I love those baskets and the thimble shelf fits in beautifully

Veronica Roth said...

Great finds Angela. I've been going to the car boot lately, (there's one close by in Ducklington, Witney), but haven't been able to find a great practical basket like you found. Love that you painted the little display case robin's egg. :)