Thursday, August 22, 2013

A really cute find

So remember last week I said that I might go in search of a little birthday treat for myself? Well I found the perfect thing in a local second hand store.

I fell in love at first sight with this really cute little bench/footstool and thought it was a really good match for the dresser that I bought earlier this year.
What do you think?  It's found a new home tucked away under one of the living room windows.
As you can see in the top picture it has some really nice carved pattern details.  The doors on the dresser also have some detailing, they look as though they were meant for each other I think.
I really did splash out as the stool cost £20.  Which is pretty extravagant considering the budget I generally have to stick to these days, but my lovely Aunt sent me a few pounds for my birthday so I thought this would make the perfect gift to myself :)

2 comments:

Jane said...

Oh, I love that stool, well worth £20

Vi said...

Very cute Stool. Matches perfectly. :-)