Sunday, August 04, 2013

My week in Snapshots

Another crazy busy week.  I clocked up over 40 hours at work this week, but also managed a trip to the movies, dinner out with a friend and I cooked a nice meal for James and we spend a happy evening on the sofa working our way through the Stargate box set that he got me for Christmas.

I have to admit that I was so glad when Friday night arrived and I knew that I had a couple of days ahead in which I'd be able to sit back and recharge my batteries.

Here are a few snapshots from my week.......

Catching up with some blog reading, in the company of a nice mug of Earl Grey 
Prepping one of my old bookcases for a nice coat of paint
Scoffing a lovely home made salad at my desk at work
An unexpected gift. 
Artificial flowers are not usually my thing, but I gave up a bit of my time to do a small something for a lady I know this week and she wanted to give me a small something from her home to say thank you.  It never ceases to amaze me often its the people who have the least in life that are the most generous and have the biggest hearts.  And the flowers look lovely decorating my dresser at the moment.

Blue skies and fluffy clouds as seen on a walk around my local country park yesterday
This coming week is going to be a bit of a strange one I think.  James is off to Poland for the week with his job and I'm going to miss having him around.  We don't see each other everyday but when we don't we still spend every evening chatting on the phone or by text so my evenings will feel very lonely I think.  Hopefully I'll find some things to occupy my time and the week will fly by.

Whatever you are up to this week I hope you have lots of smiles and laughter in your life.

No comments: