Sunday, September 28, 2008

Birdwatching at Brownsea

I've been a bit quiet this last couple of days as I've been off on a camping trip over the weekend. We stayed down in Dorset as we wanted to visit Brownsea island, autumn is a great time of year to see the red squirrels.I can't believe how messy we managed to make the tent after only a few short hours!
We were fortunate with the weather and had perfect conditions for the short ferry ride to the island from Poole Quay.
We were on the first ferry so plenty of time for us to stroll amongst the woodland on the island squirrel spotting. There were a few round to see but they were very skittish so no chance of me getting a snap on my little camera.
We have been to the island quite a few times before but have never ventured into the Dorset Wildlife Trust Nature Reserve before, I for one thoroughly enjoyed spending a few hours in the purpose built hides watching the birds and other wildlife.
Unfortunately my little camera doesn't zoom enough to get any proper shots, so you'll just have to trust me when I say there was plenty to see.
Hopefully Mark had some better luck with his camera but he hasn't had time to download the pics yet so we'll have to wait and see.

No time for stitching as I was too busy enjoying the sunshine. I think posts from me will be few and far between as we are off on vacation for a week from next weekend and as I'm working all week I think my evenings will be mostly taken with making sure everything gets packed and planned for, but I will try and get in a few before we leave next Saturday.

1 comment:

Jane said...

That brought back some memories-haven't been to Brownsea Island since I was about 14/15. Fantastic place