Thursday, September 20, 2007

Knitting in the Beacons

Part of the reason that I haven't blogged much this last week was that I went camping at the weekend. Mark and I decided to take off to the the Brecon Beacons for a couple of days. We had lovely weather and who could fail to feel refreshed after a weekend of wonderful views and fresh air.

Mark had a great time looking for photo opportunities and I love to try and snap him when he's engrossed in capturing the images he thinks are interesting.
We sat by the stream that Mark is photographing above for a bit of lunch. Not only is Mark a great photographer but I think he might have a career in sculpture if he try, here is the rock frog he made while we were just hanging around. I am entirely unfit at the moment and had to sit around a beautiful mountain lake enjoying the sun while Mark climbed to the summit. You can just about make out his silhouette (he's stood on a huge boulder) against the skyline here.To help keep myself busy I took some knitting with me. Innocent Smoothies are having their knitted hat campaign again this year to raise some money for Help the Aged. You can find all the details here. Last year I bought some of the hatted drinks but this year I thought I'd join in and make a couple. I don't usually post pictures of myself as I'm horribly ashamed of how I look being far too overweight but what the heck, here I am knitting up a storm in the lovely Beacons landscape.

5 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Well those surroundings sure look like a lovely place to do some knitting.

Vi said...

Wow..Beacons looks like a wonderful place. I had to laugh at the frog sculpture...it's nothing short of a master piece, I reckon. hehe And you my dear look so happy knitting away, don't feel ashamed..you are a beautiful person, it's great seeing a photo of you. :-)

Purple Missus said...

You should have kissed the frog - he might have turned into a handsome prince, I could do with one of those *LOL*
And its whats on the inside that counts. A pretty boring place if we all looked like Kate Moss (mind you, some days I wish I did)

Alis Clair said...

Well I look like you and I think we are gorgeous ;0)

What a wonderful place to knit!

Kate North said...

Wish I could knit - I'd just love to be able to do sock (or hat) location photos on my blog :)

And I think it's nice to see how you look - my first thought was "happy" - and my second, less charitably, was "how come she can knit - and in such surroundings - and I can't"...