Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Blackberry Dyeing

Last night I got to squashing some blackberries into some fabric to see what dyed effect I could get. I only saved about 20 blackberries from the stash we collected the other day but the juice went far and I now have a 24" x 11" piece of blackberry dyed cotton.
Sorry the scanned image isn't the best but you get the idea. Now the fabric has dried the colour is a lot paler than I thought it might turn out, it was a lot of fun to do though so I might go get some more berries and try some different squashing techniques to see if I can come up with different effects.
Of course I can't end the post without another hat on location. This is one of my favourites, I think it looks great nestled in the tree.

2 comments:

Sue B said...

What a fun idea to dye fabric with blackberries!

SeamRippstress said...

Scrumptious! I would eat them up before I could swish them in the cloth. You live in such a gorgeous land!